Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Starting Solids

A few weeks ago we started Breecia on solids.... well we are still trying!! We started with applesauce. She gagged and made the most horrible faces. It was so hilarious! We tried it a few more days with a little bit of luck each day, but she didn't love it. Next to bananas... she loved those bananas! So I was getting a little more optomistic about it. I decided I would feed her one thing for 3-4 days so I would know if she was allergic before I switched to something else. On the menu next.... sweet potatoes. I am not a sweet potato fan but Brady loves them so I was curious as to if Breecia would like them or not. The first bite.... once again, she gagged and made faces and she ate a few tablespoons. The next few days she loved them! She opened her mouth ready for more and more. I adventured to try avacadoes the next few days and we aren't having much luck with avacadoes. It might take a little while for her to get use to them since they have a distinct taste and aren't as sweet as the other things we have tried. So wish me luck as we continue on our journey to new foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment